When we are feeling overwhelmed it can be difficult to calm ourselves and remember what is true and real. I have found it incredibly useful to have a set of flash cards that I keep on my phone, with mantras that are meaningful to me. I can look at these cards any time I am feeling panicked or not in control, and they ground me and soothe my tension.
So I have created a set of cards for you to download, with 10 mantras to remind you of what is real and to help to ground you when the overwhelm is encroaching. You can save these to your phone or computer, or print them out and put them on your wall – whatever is helpful to you.
This set is all in soothing blues, and I also have a set available in uplifting yellow. Both sets have the same mantras, with slightly different images attached.
The mantras are:
- I am an adult
- I am in charge of my own emotional well-being
- I am safe
- I am loved
- I choose how I approach my life
- I am only responsible for my own reactions
- What other people think of me is none of my business
- I can rest whenever I choose
- I am worthy of care and attention
- I can build the life I want
Keep these cards handy wherever you are, and give yourself the gift of a clear day. Helen.x